2-Part Webinar Series: Year-end Financial Statements preparation
June year-end is fast approaching and with it the preparation of the annual financial statements. Financial year-end close has become more complex, with new amendments and reporting complexities, not to mention increased pressure from stakeholders.
This 2-part webinar series aims to provide participants with the latest IFRS updates and insights to assist with year-end financial preparation, focussing on hot topics, areas of audit concern and practical financial statement preparation guidance.
This webinar series will cover the following content:
- Cash flow statement refresher
- Determination of the pre-discount rate used for impairment of non-financial assets
- Zero book value items, including reassessment of residual value and useful lives of non-financial assets
- Quantification and disclosure of the impact of external sources of uncertainty
- Difference between accruals, provisions and trade payables
- Interplay between revenue, leases and financial instruments
- Lease modifications refresher
Updates and amendments
- Restriction on the utilisation of assessed losses
- IFRIC Agenda Decision on Inventory - Costs necessary to sell inventory
- Amendment to IAS 16 Property, plant and equipment – Proceeds before intended use
- IFRIC Agenda Decision on Leases – Non-refundable VAT on Lease payments
- Standards issued but not yet effective for June year-ends
The webinar series covers both the theory associated with the above topics as well as practical examples and model disclosures.
The webinar will contribute to 4 hours CPD/CPE.
R1 207.50 (inclusive of VAT) / R1 050.00 (exclusive of VAT)