The importance of the ability of taxpayers to challenge the legality of actions and decisions within the tax system is internationally recognised.
When taxpayers are aggrieved by an assessment or not satisfied with a decision taken by SARS if the decision is subject to objection and appeal, they have a right to dispute the assessment or decision.
This webinar provides an update of the systematically approach to follow in the Tax Dispute Resolution Process, regardless of the tax type in question.
The following pertinent questions will be addressed:
- What entails SARS audits & reviews?
- When will SARS pay my tax refund?
- Is a dispute process important?
- What are the recourses available?
- What is the difference between the dispute resolution process and the administrative service complaints?
- There is a mistake on my return – how do I request for correction?
- SARS made a decision or issued an additional assessment, and I don’t agree – what is the dispute process to follow?
- What penalties can be imposed?
After successfully completing the course, you will receive a certificate of completion (4 CPD/CPE hours).